We will operate within the guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), our local jurisdictional authorities, and our policies of jobsite safety. We have implemented a number of CDC recommendations including:
- We are requiring our employees to stay home if they are experiencing illness symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny/nose, body aches, chills or fatigue. If customers are experiencing any of these symptoms, they should call us to reschedule their appointment.
- Since our waiting areas are small, we are encouraging our customers to drop off vehicles for service. We will limit the use of our waiting rooms to a single person.
- Discouraging and limiting contact greetings (no handshakes, fist bumps, hugs, etc.)
- We are encouraging our team to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Our technicians will wipe down all the surfaces of your vehicle before and after your appointments to prevent the spread of germs.
- All technicians will apply hand sanitizer and put on new gloves before entering your vehicle and then dispose of them once they have completed the job.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning of garages and office areas. We are communicating regularly and frequently with our staff to ensure that our sites are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
Below are some additional measures we are taking to encourage physical/social distancing:
- Spreading out areas of work as much as possible.
- Not sharing hand tools or cell phones.
- Maintaining a safe distance of 6’ between workers to the greatest extent possible.
- Avoiding congregating in lunch or break areas.
- Not sharing food or have communal food (group pizza, etc.)
Sincerely, Chris Baccus and Brien Looney Owners